This proven board makes for super-easy 21 pin decoder installs from vendors such as Digitrax, ESU, SoundTraxx, TCS and NCE!
Now a 21-pin-friendly board replaces the standard DCC 8-pin loco motherboard and easily allows taking full advantage of all the functions and features of the latest new feature-rich decoders. The benefits of the three Decoder Buddy models include:
1. Popular 21-pin decoders from ESU, SoundTraxx, TCS, Digitrax, and NCE easily fit in Decoder Buddy‘s 21-pin socket
2. 14-PIN V5 socket and plug with wire-outs for 12 output 21-pin decoder functions
3. 14-pin plug fully removable for easy separation of loco shell and chassis
4. "W" pad added for three wire stay alives and is controlled by Aux 7!
5. On board resistors for LED lighting provided
6. Specifiable resistors for function outputs available on request
7. On board soldering pads for two and three wire stay alive
8. Older 8-pin loco motherboard weaknesses solved with Decoder Buddy
9. No more inaccessible JST connections
It has a small footprint of
2.20" x 0.67" x 0.35"
56 mm x 17 mm x 9 mm
which makes for easier DCC decoder installation in the some of the tightest locomotives!
Depending on your DCC decoder up to 12 lighting functions are available with amply sized soldering pads for your LED leads. Easy LED installation with resistors already installed onboard the Decoder Buddy
Specifiable resistors for function outputs available on request make retrofits of retrofits with LEDs easy
Soldering pads are available for connecting either a two or three wire stay alive to keep your model trains running smoothly